Chiropractic Care for Back Pain
It is rare to find someone that has never suffered from back pain. This common ailment can range from mild to severe, and often makes it hard to complete daily tasks. However, chiropractic care can help. At Davidson Chiropractic Clinic, serving Evanston and Rock Springs, WY, our team provides natural treatment options for back pain. We are dedicated to finding the cause of each patient’s back pain so we can develop a personalized treatment plan that relieves pain and strengthens the back to reduce future injuries.
What Are the Primary Causes of Back Pain?
There are many reasons why people experience back pain. The pain can be acute or chronic, and it can range in severity. While there are many factors that can cause back pain, here are some of the most common:
- Muscle and ligament strain: Repetitive movements, especially sudden or awkward movements, can cause strains in back muscles and ligaments. Those that are carrying excess weight are also putting stress on their muscles and ligaments.
- Disk problems: The disks in the back act like cushions between the vertebrae in your spine. The soft material inside a disk can rupture, creating pressure on the nerves. Many people have ruptured or bulging disks without any pain. Sometimes odd movements can make the disks protrude, creating more pain.
- Osteoarthritis: Osteoarthritis can often cause pain in the lower back. In many cases, osteoarthritis causes the narrowing of the area around the spine. This causes spinal arthritis, also called stenosis.
- Osteoporosis: Those suffering from osteoporosis may experience fractures when bones become porous and brittle. In middle age, many people start taking supplements to maintain strong bones and reduce the risk of osteoporosis.
- Falls and injuries: Those that have fallen or injured their back are at risk for ongoing issues. Injuries can come from sports, exercise, auto accidents, work, daily activities, and more.
Back Pain Treatment
After a diagnosis, our chiropractor will create a treatment plan for you. Depending on your condition, we may use spinal adjustments. By realigning the spine, our chiropractor alleviates tension and pressure in the back and helps prevent future pain. Our chiropractor also uses spinal decompression, which stretches the spine to allow disks to move back into place.
We may also suggest stretching and strengthening exercises, which will improve your range of motion. For soft tissue injuries, we offer cold laser therapy, muscle stimulation, massage therapy, and more.
Schedule an Appointment with Our Chiropractor for Back Pain Relief
If you are suffering from back pain, we can help. At Davidson Chiropractic Clinic, serving Rock Springs and Evanston, WY, our chiropractor provides natural back pain treatment options. Call us today to schedule an appointment.